I AM A CONCEPT ARTIST FROM GDANSK, POLAND. I STARTED DRAWING AT THE AGE OF 3 AND IT WAS ALWAYS MY BIGGEST PASSION. I ALWAYS WANTED TO DEVELOP MY SKILLS SINCE THEN NOT ONLY BY LEARNING NEW TECHNIQUES BUT ALSO BY TOUCHING NEW GROUNDS AND IMPROVING MYSELF IN DIFFERENT SUBJECTS. DRAWING JUST KEPT GIVING ME AN EXTRA ENERGY IN MY LIFE.
THE DAY WITHOUT PRODUCING ONE SINGLE PIECE OF ART WAS A WASTED DAY FOR ME. IN 2007 I FELT IT WAS ABOUT TIME FOR A CHANGE IN MY ARTISTIC LIFE. I SWITCHED FROM TRADITIONAL TO DIGITAL MEDIA AND LATER IT LED ME TO PURSUING CAREER AS A CONCEPT ARTIST.
AFTER COUPLE YEARS OF EXPLORING DIGITAL TECHNIQUES I STARTED TO WORK ON PROJECTS FROM LEADING COMPANIES IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY. DREAMS CAME TRUE TO LIFE.
*TOGETHER WITH FELLOW ARTISTS WOJTEK FUS AND JONAS DE RO WE LAUNCHED LEVEL UP!. A HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL, FREE, ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORM THAT CONNECTS MORE THAN 120 000 ACTIVE ARTISTS BY NOW.
SOME OF THE PROJECTS I CONTRIBUTED TO INCLUDE WIDELY KNOWN FRANCHISES SUCH AS:
- MAZE RUNNER: DEATH CURE
- ONE STRANGE ROCK (NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC)
- MINDHUNTER (NETFLIX)
- KING ARTHUR: THE LEGEND OF THE SWORD
- ROBIN HOOD (2018)
- DAYS GONE
- SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER
- DESTINY 2
- ASSASSIN'S CREED: SYNDICATE
- NEED FOR SPEED: PAYBACK
- THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE: MORROWIND
- HALO WARS 2
- WITCHER 3 WILD HUNT: BLOOD & WINE
- MAGIC: THE GATHERING
- HORIZON: ZERO DAWN
- JIMMY FALLON TV SHOW
- AND MANY MORE UPCOMING TITLES...
FOLLOW ME ON:
- 2018 FOCAL POINT (SCHOOL CO-FOUNDER) GDYNIA, (POLAND 06.07.2018)
- 2018 PLAYGROUNDS FESTIVAL BLEND, BREDA (HOLLAND 10-11.04.2018)
- 2018 CONCEPT ART PANEL, CRACOW (POLAND 23.03.2018)
- 2017 MAXON EVENT, MUNICH (GERMANY 13-14.10.2017)
- 2017 FUTURO, VARNA (BULGARIA)
- 2017 PYRKON, POZNAN (POLAND)
- 2017 ASUS SHOW, WARSAW (POLAND)
- 2016 LIK MEET UP, TAIPEI (TAIWAN)
- 2016 PLAYGROUNDS FESTIVAL, AMSTERDAM (HOLLAND)
- 2016 MASTERS OF DIGITAL PAINTING, MOSCOW (RUSSIA)
- 2015 LIK MEET UP, TAIPEI (TAIWAN)
- 2015 SPLASH, PRAGUE (CZECH REPUBLIC)
- 2015 CREATIVEPRO SHOW, ROME (ITALY)
- 2015 IFCC, ZAGREB (CROATIA)
- 2015 DIGITAL DRAGONS, KRAKOW (POLAND)
"Darek's collaboration with us on NFS Payback has brought tremendous value to the project. He is quick to digest my vision and directions. Executes with precision, efficiency and delivers awesome high quality concepts. Always open to receive feedback, to iterate and improve. His works served as my best visual communication tool to direct and align all my art teams towards hitting my vision as well as motivates them to push the bar higher and higher each day. Above all, the concepts he produced for us on NFS Payback has inspired our teams beyond just the art department, across multiple locations worldwide. "
-- Alitt Khaliq, Art Director @EA Ghost
"I have had the pleasure of working with Darek on a set of concept art pieces for Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. His work has been a great source of inspiration for the team and it helped me solidify the artistic vision for the content that we were producing. His Environment work for ACS always established a strong and memorable mood. His compositions are dynamic and he creates a good sense of depth in his work by using solid value grouping and paying close attention to scale references."
--- Felix Marlo Flor, Senior Art Director @Ubisoft
"Darek has been a key contributor to several blur projects over the past few years. His professionalism, speed, and tremendous skill impresses and inspires our modeling team to build upon the incredible environment paintings he generates with seeming ease! His process is wonderfully revealed in elegant progression from loose sketches to refined beauty."
-- Kevin Margo, Director @Blur